When it comes to house moving, it is truly a daunting task that is why everyone always try to keep their guard up and find ways to efficiently pack and move like an expert!
For first-timers, relocation isn’t easy to the point of feeling scared because you’ve never experienced moving to a new house before or if you are moving out of your parent’s house. It’s natural to get excited and nervous at the same time –overall your emotiongoes haywire.So to help you reach a high-level of efficient pack and moving, here are 10 useful tips which can thoroughly help you succeed in house moving with no waste of energy, time and money!
- Create a “To-Do” List. To survive the moving process, you must plan ahead. Be ready with a “To-Do” list for pre-move preparations. As a first-timer, you might not know how and where to start so try to write down all the things you need to do since it is merely a list that will help you organize and manage everything until the time of the moving day.
- Assign A Moving Budget.It is top priority to be wise in managing your finances. Save up and set a budget for your moving expenses (money for hiring professional movers), housing expenses (money you’ll set for paying house rent and bills) and other expenses (budget money for things you need at home to survive).
- Set up a “Moving Day”.It is essential to follow a good packing timeline to save loads of time until the moving commence. Since packing is the most time-consuming, proper scheduling of packing your belongings will have a big influence in the success rate of moving to your new home.
- Know where to pack first. It can be overwhelming especially if you have lots of stuff to check, sort and pack. Start packing by initiating a packing process of room by room. Best way to start is at the area with most items like the storage room.
- Decide what to pack.Deciding what to take and which one to leave behind isn’t easy so it is helpful to have categories when sorting your belongings. Yes you can take all of them but it is advisable to go through your stuff and reduce the number to only essential stuff and with high potential for future use.
- Be ready with necessary packing supplies.Secure good boxes and packing supplies because it is the key for efficient packing. To secure your belongings, you’ll need many cardboard boxes, packing tape and bubble wraps to make sure delicate/breakable items are safe.
- Don’t forget to put labels.Why would you need to put labels when all of the boxes will be opened eventually after relocating? The purpose is to save time and energy because movers will know where to place them (for which designated room they should be), easily unpack them depending on value/urgency of need and be able to put handling instructions.
- Avoid common packing mistakes.Don’t be a softie but rather be ruthless when it comes to deciding which furniture you are going to bring to your new home. If you decided to take them all, you’ll be soon facing transportation costs, more money to pay for hired movers and more time to pack.
- Find and hire reliable movers.Never underestimate your packing limitations. Yes, you may pack by yourself but there’s a big difference with hiring a reliable and professional movers!
- Set up a Post-relocation checklist. After the feverish preparation and quite tiring moving process, you’ll have to set up schedules of things to do after the move or what we call post-relocation stage. You’re in charge now to manage how things should run smoothly for the new beginning at your new home.
As long as you follow these 10 tips, you are good to pack and move like a pro! Plus the good news is you can cross out the #9 tip because you’ve actually found the one! No need to look out for the Best Movers because we, Best in Broward Movers, is here for you. After all, we are the best across Florida! Call us today and set up an appointment in your most convenient time!