Military Moving Company in Fort Lauderdale
Moving from one duty station to another can take much more time than necessary. In general, in the case of a permanent change of post (PCS), the government hires a commercial contractor. The contractor will prepare and move the personal effects. The military moves goods free of charge. However, there is a certain weight limit. The weight limit varies depending on the status of the person and the person on whom the person is dependent. There are times, however, when a military move is not covered. For example, when there is a need to move your family to a different location while you stay behind. Best in Broward is here to help!
What is a Do It Yourself Move (DITY)?
- Rental equipment
- Their own vehicle
- A commercial service provider
Under this initiative, soldiers and officers are eligible to receive full reimbursement for government relocation costs (CCG). This is valid if they hire their own carrier. It is also possible to receive an allowance for moving costs such as:
- Equipment hire
- Moving costs
- Packing material
Every situation is different. It is preferable that the CF member gets approval from the Base Personal Property Office before proceeding. If the Base Personal Property Office does not approve, the request for reimbursement or payment of the premium may be denied. It is important that your military move is carried out properly. Best in Broward movers can move the household goods of military families across South Florida.
What are the Different Options for Military Station Relocation?
- Privately owned vehicle (PVP): It is possible to use a private vehicle as a means of transport for your move. When this vehicle is a caravan or motorhome, contact the Personal Property Shipping Office for specific instructions.
- Rental Vehicle: Renting a vehicle involves procuring the necessary equipment and tools yourself. The owner of a rental vehicle must do all the work on his or her own. But the choice of the company providing the vehicle should not be made by chance.
- Commercial: Instead of using rental companies, it is possible to use commercial carriers. This type of removal is permitted by public law and will be calculated on the same basis as the previous options. Best In Broward Movers assists the military personnel arrive at their new location successfully, offering storage solutions when needed.
What are the DITY Conditions?
- Special notes or official stamps
- Signature and title of the official certifying the weight gain
- A clear and legible printout of the weight recorded and the corresponding date
- Name, rank and social security number of the soldier in question
- Identification of the weighted vehicle