A piano is an object that requires special attention. It also needs adapted transport of the instrument in the best conditions of safety. This delicate operation requires specific equipment and protection. Trust Best In Broward Movers, a local moving company with real expertise.
What are the Steps for Moving a Piano?
A piano is a very fragile musical instrument, heavy, difficult to handle, and move. Moving a piano imposes certain constraints and requires adapted moving techniques. The safest option is to opt for a piano mover who will take care of this service.
- Piano removal estimate: check the constraints and expect difficulties
- Protection: cover the piano, professional packaging adapted
- Handling: specific equipment, fasteners, transport straps, lifts, etc.
- Transport: securely fasten the piano in the truck as well as the moving parts
What Equipment is Needed to Move a Piano?
Although your piano has skids, these are not designed to carry the piano. They can be useful to move it over short distances. They might even mark the floor. The skids of a piano are particularly fragile.
To move the piano, our moving company is equipped with suitable equipment:
- Non-slip gloves
- Piano transport straps
- Mobile tray
In some situations, it is necessary to use a freight elevator to move a piano. This happens when your building does not have a lift that can support the weight of a piano. It can also be tricky if the stairwell is too narrow. This is particularly the case when moving a large piano.
How Much Does it Cost to Move a Piano?
Moving a piano is not an ordinary moving service and is not carried out by conventional movers. The price of moving a piano ranges from $300 to $900. The cost is determined according to the following criteria:
- The type and weight of the piano: upright piano, grand or quarter-tail piano, harpsichord, piano plan or organ
- The number of floors and whether there is an elevator that can be used
- The distance to be covered
- The access to your accommodation
- The number of movers required
What are the Advantages of Hiring a Local Piano Mover?
Do you want to keep your piano in perfect condition? Do you want to avoid this stressful task, as well as the stress and risk of damaging your piano? Get in touch with Best In Broward. They will send the best team of movers in Fort Lauderdale to handle this delicate move for you.
This is especially the case for a piano move over a long distance. Best In Broward offers many advantages for moving your piano in complete safety, such as :
- Expertise and knowledge of piano transportation and handling of different types of pianos.
- A fast and secure execution, using all the adapted equipment for piano transportation. You end up saving time on the overall operation and the cost of your move
- Insurance included with the declaration of value. It guarantees each of your belongings and in particular your piano.
Looking for a piano mover in Fort Lauderdale? Get in touch now at 954-501-1225.